LeadMO is looking for the diverse, progressive staff to power change in Missouri. We are seeking staff who embody the following qualities:
- Organizer Intelligence – this has nothing to do with formal education, but the ability to think, reflect, communicate, challenge the conventional wisdom, make judgments in complicated situations, and show flexibility.
- Directed Rage – not temper, not partisan fervor, but a clear understanding of a broken system and an impatience in the face of that wrong and a drive to address it.
- Willingness to Cross Race and Culture – be willing to work with people unlike oneself, people of other races, classes, orientations, faiths.
- Experience – not necessarily in occupation, but evidence from your life of attempting to relate to people and to respond to situations that seemed to demand response; some success in whatever field or endeavor has occupied the individual’s time.
- Drive – evidence you are committed to people and place and to embrace the tradition of organizing communities directly affected by injustice and a hunger to build power and take action from the bottom up.
LeadMO is now accepting applications for the Spring 2021 Cohort. Cohort #2 will run approximately 15 sessions. Space is limited, apply now. Applications will be accepted until February 26, 2021.