LeadMO is looking for the diverse, progressive staff to power change in Missouri. We are seeking staff who embody the following qualities:
- Organizer Intelligence – this has nothing to do with formal education, but the ability to think, reflect, communicate, challenge the conventional wisdom, make judgments in complicated situations, and show flexibility.
- Directed Rage – not temper, not partisan fervor, but a clear understanding of a broken system and an impatience in the face of that wrong and a drive to address it.
- Willingness to Cross Race and Culture – be willing to work with people unlike oneself, people of other races, classes, orientations, faiths.
- Experience – not necessarily in occupation, but evidence from your life of attempting to relate to people and to respond to situations that seemed to demand response; some success in whatever field or endeavor has occupied the individual’s time.
- Drive – evidence you are committed to people and place and to embrace the tradition of organizing communities directly affected by injustice and a hunger to build power and take action from the bottom up.
In this cohort we will be prioritizing folks who are looking to work in the 2022 cycle.
We are now accepting applications for our Fall 2021 cohort, estimated start date of late October. Applications will be accepted until October 17th.Applications will be accepted until October 17th.